Places to go: Rocky Point
Hello loves! With spring break just around the corner, one of my new favorite places just might be the spot for you! Rocky Point, Mexico! Considered as Arizona's Beach, Rocky Point has everything and more to offer you especially if you're on a budget (ehhm college students) and if you're local only a 4 hour drive away from Tempe! Click here for some tips on what to know before you drive to Mexico and the proper documentation that you should have as well!
Where to stay: Penasco del Sol
Newly renovated, Penasco Del Sol Hotel has 4 types of rooms to choose from! My friend Mia and I stayed in the Superior Beach View Room and my room was spacious, 2 queen beds (I love a Queen bed! ) and had a balcony that overlooked the most amazing view of the pool and beach!
Where to Eat!
I dont know about you, but when I'm discovering new places I have to venture out to eat at many different restaurants!
1. La Casa del Captain: Fresh seafood & has the best sunset view in all of Rocky Point!
2. Miguel's at Penasco Del Sol has great vegetarian options/ annnndddd grab a mango margarita and keep em coming"
3. Lunch at Mayan Place: I had the vegetarian pizza and vegan lasagna!
4. El Tapato Wine Bar: Y'all we tried so much food, I was in heaven! They also have a live band!
5.Guss Tacos & Mariscos Restaurant Bar: I came here back in June of 2017 and it's my favorite spot and LITERALLY ALL THE FOOD IS AMAZING!
What to do!
I know, I'm not the only one that can't sit still when she travels! I want to do it all!!
1. If you've got the need for speed, riding in the sand dunes on ATV's is just the activity for you! Mia and I were going crazy fast and it was super exhilarating! I was laughing the whole time because that is what I do when I'm having fun/nervous or excited haha!! You can literally pull over on the side of the road because there are so many ATV vendors throughout the streets of Rocky Point!
2. Wet Golfing at Vidanta Golf Puerto Penasco!
So honestly, I'm not the biggest golf fan but when there is alcohol involved, I can make myself have fun! If you are a big golf fan, I highly suggest traveling about 45 mins to golf at Vidanta Golf! It is so peaceful and the blue green waters are the most beautiful I've ever seen! They also have amazing food (shout out to the cooks) and heaters since it was a crisp 47 degrees when we went golfing!
3.Exploring the streets of Rocky Point!
Mia and I decided that we wanted to take pictures out and about and we saw beautiful colorful buildings and talked (tried) to the locals which just translated to hearty smiles!! We spotted a pina colada truck and I just about ran up and bought all the pina coladas and of course took cute pictures!
4. Beach Please
Of course you have to go to the beach when you're here!! It was about 44 degrees when I took pictures that morning but it was so worth it!
Last picture taken by Jesus of The Visual Collection
Weither you make it to Rocky Point for spring break or for summer break; anytime is a great time to go!
* Although this trip was fully sponsored, all opinions are my own!